Gone are those days when you had to stand in long queues at the railway station and sweat for hours together to get a railway booking done, Now with the advent of the internet you can enjoy railway booking right from the comfort of your own home by following some simple steps.
Indian railways have a very operative railway booking website which is self explanatory and provides various facilities such as railways booking, cancellation, general inquiry such as timing etc.. You can very easily browse the various trains which are running between two stations at various intervals of time. Along with this you can also find how many seats are available , how many are in waiting list and how many are in RC. Accordingly after seeing all these statistics and comparing the fare you can make an online booking.
Following are some the step by step procedure as to how to book a ticket online
- First of all you need to log on to https://www.irctc.co.in/ and find out the train name and train number in which you need to travel.
- Create an account on the website and then log on to the account .
- Fill in all the details including the train details such as the train name, train number, its start time, name of the station you want to board the train etc.
- Once you have selected the desired train then select the train and proceed to payment.
- There are various options by which you can make the payment such as a debit card, credit card, mint card or direct bank transfer.
- Once the payment goes through, the system generates an e-ticket which you can take a print out and show it to the ticket checker while you are travelling.
For all this facility Indian railways charge a small fees of 10 INR .
If you are in urgent demand and see that there are less number of tickets then it is advisable to use the tatkal facility in which you have to pay an extra sum of money in order to get your tickets booked at short notice.
Remember to carry a copy of the e-ticket along with an ID proof such as Drivers license, pan card etc while travelling. Though it is very simple and convenient however if you do not have a computer or an internet connection then you can seek help of various authorized railways booking agents.